I 90 Renew Replace Green Card2024-01-11T16:44:08+00:00

Green Card Renewal/Replacement Package

Citizen Concierge web-based assistance assists you with effectively getting ready Structure I-90 (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card) Get the inner harmony that everything is done accurately or your cash back.

Every Client Receives Our 5-Star Experience
Verify Eligibility
See how it works

Your petition will be approved by USCIS, assuredly.

Our website was designed to prevent you from making costly errors that could lead to I-485 rejection. We guarantee your petition will be approved by the USCIS or we will refund you 100%.

See pricing

Personalize Support Before And After Filing

Our team is dedicated to making the process as streamlined as possible. Contact us via phone or email to receive 5-star support anytime during the process.

See pricing

Complete Your Application In Just A Few Easy Steps

  1. Confirm your eligibility in just a few minutes before having to submit payment.
  2. Only pay once you are verified as eligible and have completed the application.
  3. Receive a ready-to-sign application and supporting documents checklist.
  4. File with assurance knowing that everything was done perfectly. Applications that are well-prepared have a better chance of being processed quickly.
  5. Receive Personalized guidance for our filing experts.
Start Service

We Charge A Small Fraction Of What A Lawyer Would Charge.

You will get the following when you buy the Green Card Renewal/Replacement Package:

Save, on average, $650 as compared to hiring an immigration lawyer.

Price $99


  • Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, Form I-90

  • Form G-1145, e-Notification of Acceptance of Application/Petition

  • Personalised guidelines with a collection of additional documentation

  • Contact us for  Any Inquiry from Citizen Concierge specialists

  • Personalized Packet with Instructions and Supporting Document Guide

  • Dedicated Support From a Citizen Concierge Specialist

  • 100% Money Back Guarantee if Not Approved

Get Started

Form I-90 Guide (Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card) – How Can Citizen Concierge Assist?

People who lawfully come into the United States from other countries will require documentation verifying they’re authorized to work and allowed to stay here. The most common document is called the green card or permanent residence card.

Generally, green cards and immigration visas are crucial for those who want to reside lawfully in the US. If your green card gets lost, stolen, or damaged, or expired, you’ll have to get it replaced or renewed. That means you require Form I-90! Citizen Concierge can help you fill out the form, but we want you to learn more about it first.

What’s Immigration Form I-90?

The USCIS (US Citizenship and Immigration Services) Form I-90 is the Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. This is what the permanent resident must use when they renew or replace their green card. If your card is about to expire, has expired, was lost, destroyed, damaged, or stolen, you’ll have to file that form with the USCIS and can do it by mail or online.

Citizen Concierge can help you replace or renew your green card. Learn how it works, or get started today!

Who Should Complete Form I-90?

Every permanent resident will not be required to file Form I-90 to receive their new green card (permanent resident card). Here’s an overview of who shouldn’t and should file Form I-90:

Who Needs Form I-90

Typically, a permanent resident will require Form I-90 if they must replace or renew a green card. If you are a permanent resident with an expired permanent resident card, or it will expire within the next six months, you will need Form I-90.

Green cards with a 10-year lifespan must be renewed before they expire. Likewise, green cards that were lost, damaged, destroyed, and stolen will have to be replaced. As a permanent resident, it’s your job to protect your right to live in the US, and this is the lawful way to do it.

Who Doesn’t Need Form I-90

Those with a conditional green card should use a different process to renew their residency. Typically, a conditional green card expires about two years from its issuance date. You’re required to replace it with a permanent green card (10-year version) before the renewal eligibility date with Form I-90.

Moving from a conditional green card to a permanent green card focuses on “removing the conditions.” To do that, you’ll file Form I-829 (conditional US investment card) or I-751 (conditional marriage-based card).

If you have a temporary green card and aren’t trying to remove conditions or renew your residency, you won’t need this form. Likewise, if you’re trying to reach lawful permanent resident status for the first time, you don’t require this form.

How to File Form I-90

When you file Form I-90, it depends on the reason you’re requesting the new green card, though you can apply online or through the mail with a paper Form I-90. Below, you’ll find more information about each option:

Online – Can You?

You can apply for a green card online if:

  • Your green card was stolen, lost, damaged/mutilated, or destroyed.
  • Your green card expired or will expire within six months.
  • You have an old and invalid version of the green card.
  • Your personal information, including your name, has changed.
  • The immigration status was converted automatically to become a green card holder. This generally only applies to smaller groups of people, including a “special agricultural worker.”
  • You’re a commuter, so you live in Mexico or Canada, traveling to the US for work.
  • You were a commuter in the past but now wish to live in the US.

Mail – Should You?

You should file by mail if:

  • Your green card got issued, but you didn’t receive it.
  • You wish to apply for a fee waiver.
  • You got a 10-year green card before you turned 14 years old, and it won’t expire before age 16.
  • The green card has one or more errors made by the USCIS.

Tips for Applying Online Through the US Citizenship and Immigration Services Website

Here are the steps to take to apply online:

  • Create a USCIS online account. If you’ve already done this, sign in with the login credentials you used before, following the instructions.
  • Complete Form I-90 online.
  • Upload any supporting documents. We’ll explain which ones you require below.
  • Review all the answers and electronically sign the document.
  • Pay the fees if necessary using the website.
  • Submit Form I-90 online.

Tips for Applying By Mail Through the US Postal Service

If you wish to apply by mail or must do so, follow these steps:

  • Download the form I-90 and complete it. (We explain the process below).
  • Write a money order or personal check. You may also use the credit card authorization form to pay your fees if you have any.
  • Gather all supporting documents.
  • Mail Form I-90 (the replacement or renewal application), your payment, and the supporting documents to the USCIS.

Where to Send the Completed I-90 Application

If you’ve chosen to mail in your application, you must send the form, payment, and supporting documents to one of these addresses:

  • US Postal Service – USCIS PO Box 21262 Phoenix, AZ 85036
  • UPS, FedEx, or DHL – USCIS Attention: I-90 1820 East Skyharbor, Circle S, Floor 1, Suite 100, Phoenix, AZ 85034

In the following sections, we’ll focus more on the steps you’ll take to complete Form I-90. If you need more assistance, you can contact us or visit the USCIS website for the official instructions on filling out Form I-90. Here are a few ground rules to understand:

  • If any question doesn’t pertain to you, print or type “N/A,” which stands for not applicable in the space provided.
  • If the answer you must give to a question is “0”, write or type “none.”
  • If you’re completing the paper Form I-90, you should write or type your answers in black ink, making sure the information is legible and accurate. Simple mistakes will cost time and money.

Information About You, Including When the Green Card Expires (Part One)

Most people have no trouble with this section because it’s asking for your personal information, such as your gender, birth date, parent’s names, and your name. However, here are a few questions that might have unclear answers:

  • USCIS Online Account Number – This isn’t the same as your Alien Registration Number, and it’s okay if you don’t have it. However, if you do have one, log into the account to find it on your main profile page.
  • Alien Registration Number (A-Number) – This is the number found on your green card.
  • Date of Birth and Date of Admission – When you enter dates, such as when you got approved to be a US resident, make sure you use the US format of mm/dd/yyyy. Here is an example: 04/06/1972 (April 6, 1972).
  • Legal Name Change – If your name has changed since you first got your green card (an example is that you got married), make sure you check the “yes” box on Item 4. You’ll also have to fill out the fifth item and provide evidence proving why the name has changed, such as divorce papers or a marriage certificate.
  • Class of Admission – This is Item 14, and it will ask how you got your green card. Enter the immigrant code on current green cards under the “category” section. It should be three characters, which is often two letters and one number. Here are a few examples: CR1 or IR1.
  • Mailing Address and Physical Addresses – You may not receive mail at the same address as where you live. If someone else accepts mail for you, include their name in the “in care of name” space on Line 6A. Here are a few other tips:
  • If the physical and mailing addresses are the same, you can leave number seven blank. The USCIS won’t mail green cards to a non-US address. If you expect to be out of the country when the green card expires, make sure to apply for the new one to get it before you leave.
  • If you’re currently commuting between the US and Mexico or Canada for a job, you can give a non-US address as the mailing address. However, you must follow the instructions for item 2.h.1, which indicates the US POE (Port of Entry) you’ll use and where the green card will be mailed so that you can pick it up.

Application Type (Part Two)

Here are the steps to take for part two of the application:

  • Choose one item number describing whether you’re a commuter resident (a Mexican or Canadian resident who travels to the US for work), a conditional resident (you’re an investor with the two-year green card or a spouse with a two-year green card that’s marriage-based), or hold permanent resident status (regular green card holder). If you have a conditional green card, you will not use Form I-90.
  • Based on your immigration status, you’ll be directed to Section B or A to determine why you’re applying for a new card, such as the initial one had inaccurate information or you lost the green card.

Processing Information (Part Three)

Below, you’ll see the steps to take for part three:

  • Item 1 asks you where you had originally filed or submitted the green card application, which must be the USCIS office or a US embassy or consulate.
  • Item 2 wants to know where the green card was approved, which is usually the same answer as the first item.
  • Item 3 will ask which POE (port of entry) you used and where you were planning to live. For example, if you moved from Spain to come to Seattle and landed in New York City, you’d enter NYC as the POE and Seattle for the 3a answer.
  • If you were in immigration court, you must explain what happened in detail. You’ll need legal counsel if you can’t give evidence of your right to be a US permanent resident. However, if you chose to abandon the green card status to live anywhere outside the US, you will want to speak to an attorney before you complete Form I-90.

Accommodations for Those with Impairments or Disabilities (Part Four)

If you will need assistance completing the application or have a disability, you’ll use this section to ask for it and explain the accommodations that might be helpful. For example, you might arrive in a wheelchair at the biometrics appointment.

Contact Information, Applicant’s Statement, Signature, and Certification (Parts Five Through Seven)

It’s crucial to understand that Form I-90 is a legal document. You will have to sign it, and it’s binding. In your statement, you’ll have to indicate who helped you fill out the form if you required assistance. They will also have to sign and provide their personal information.

Additional Information (Part Eight)

If you require more space to answer the questions on Form I-90, you’ll write or type that information here. Sometimes, the page won’t give you enough room for your answer. When that happens, you can attach other sheets of paper. Make sure to include your A-Number and name at the top of every extra sheet.

It’s also wise to indicate the part number, page number, and item number on the form when providing additional answers. Plus, you will have to sign and date every extra sheet.

Types of Supporting Documents You Might Require

The evidence or supporting documents you need to file Form I-90 will vary based on the reason why you require a new green card. However, you will usually include a copy of the green card unless:

  • Your immigration status was converted to green card holder (this only applies to a small group of people).
  • It was destroyed, damaged, lost, or stolen.
  • You never got the green card.

Below, you’ll see a list of potential documents you might use.

Reason for the Green Card Renewal/Replacement and Required Documents

What if we told you that you’d be saving, on average, $850 when you compare our service to hiring an immigration lawyer? For only $139, you get the following in the immigrant visa petition package:

  • If your green card will expire within six months or has already expired, you’ll need your old or outdated green card and can also use Form I-151, Form AR-103, or Form AR-3.
  • If you received the 10-year green card before you turned 14 years old and it won’t expire before 16 years of age, you’ll require an outdated or old green card and might also use Form I-151, Form AR-103, or Form AR-3.
  • If your green card contains one or more errors made by the Department of Homeland Security, you’ll require your outdated/old green card and can also use Form I-151, Form AR-103, or Form AR-3.
  • If you’ve got an old and now invalid green card version, you’ll require the outdated green card and might also need Form I-151, Form AR-103, or Form AR-3.
  • If your card was stolen, lost, destroyed, or mutilated/damaged, you’ll need your green card and a government-issued ID that shows your signature, photo, birthdate, and name. This could be a military ID, driver’s license, or passport.
  • If you never received the green card but it was issued by the USCIS, you’ll require a government-issued ID that shows your signature, photo, birthdate, and name. You will also need a passport with the I-551 stamp or the latest Form I-797, which is the “Notice of Action.”
  • If your personal information, including your name, has changed, you’ll need your green card and any legal documents showing your correct personal information and name. These can include adoption papers, a birth certificate, a passport, divorce papers, a marriage certificate, and other court documents.
  • If you’re a commuter (you live in Mexico or Canada and travel to the US for work), you’ll need your green card and proof of employment dated within the last six months. This can include an employment verification letter or pay stubs.
  • If you were a commuter but are now living in the US, you’ll need your green card and proof of residence in the US. This can include a property deed, lease agreement, or a utility bill dated within the last six months. However, if the bill is in a spouse’s name, you’ll require your marriage certificate. If it’s in a parent’s name, you’ll need your birth certificate.
  • If your immigration status was converted automatically to “green card holder,” you’ll require a government-issued ID that shows your signature, photo, birthdate, and name, and evidence of your status. This can include Form I-700, Form I-797, military ID, driver’s license, or passport.

It’s okay to send photocopies of the documents. In fact, it’s best not to send the originals unless you’re instructed to do so. If any of the documents are written in another language (not English), you must include the certified translation of the document with Form I-90.

What Will Happen After You File Form I-90?

Once the USCIS receives your green card renewal/replacement application, which includes Form I-90, the payment, and the supporting documents, it will send updates by mail and to your online account. If you don’t create an online account, it will do so for you.

These updates include:

  • Confirmation Letter – This shows that the USCIS received and accepted the application.
  • Biometrics Appointment Letter – This is sent one to two weeks after the USCIS receives the application and details when and where it will take your photo, fingerprints, and signature (where applicable).
  • RFE (Request for Evidence) Letter – When the USCIS requires additional information or documentation from you, you’ll get this letter. You have to respond and upload the necessary documents to your online account by the deadline found in the letter.
  • Decision Letter – This states whether Form I-90 was denied or approved.

If the USCIS has what it needs to process the application and approves the request, you’ll get your new green card sometime during the timeline stated on the letter. Remember that delays are possible.

However, if you submitted the green card renewal application after or on September 26, 2022, the USCIS mails a receipt notice that extends the validity of your green card for 24 months after its expiration date. It’s best to keep the receipt notice for your records.

Likewise, if your I-90 form is pending and you filed before September 26, 2022, the USCIS will send an amended receipt notice that extends the green card validity for a full 24 months after the expiration date. Again, you should keep the amended receipt notice to avoid problems.

Checking the Status of the Application

Your confirmation letter sent from the USCIS will include a receipt number, which is 13 characters long (10 numbers and three letters). You’ll use that to track your I-90 application progress.

Visit the USCIS website to check the status of your application by using the “check status online” tool. You’ll enter the receipt number in the provided space and click the “check status” button.

If there’s a dash symbol or an asterisk, you should not include them when entering the receipt number.

How Long Will It Take to Process the Form?

Generally, the average processing time of Form I-90 is between 1.5 months to one year for renewals and about 5.5 to 13.5 months for replacements. However, the wait time will vary based on your location and situation, as well as the current workload of the USCIS.

What’s the Fee?

The filing fee for sending Form I-90 right now is $455. Most of the time, you’ll also pay a biometrics fee ($85), which brings the full cost to $540. These are nonrefundable fees.

You could be exempt from paying both or one fee, though.

In fact, you’ll pay $0 if:

  • You qualify for a fee waiver.
  • The green card contains errors made by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
  • The green card was issued, but you never got it.

You’ll only pay $85 if you turned 14 years old in the last 30 days, and the green card expires after you’ll turn 16.

How to Pay the Fee

The way you pay the filing fee depends on whether you filed your Form I-90 by mail or online. Here are the options:

  • Online – You must pay electronically and use There are no additional fees for using the website.
  • Mail – You can pay by personal check or money order. Make the payment out to the “US Department of Homeland Security.” You cannot abbreviate the name. If you wish to pay by credit card, you’ll complete Form G-1450, which is the Authorization for Credit Card Transactions. Cash is not accepted.

Fee Waiver Options for Form I-90

You could be eligible for a fee waiver when filing Form I-90 if you meet specific requirements. To qualify, you have to prove to the government that you can’t afford the fees because you get public benefits, you’ve got a low income, or you’re experiencing a financial hardship.

If you wish to apply for the waiver, you should complete a separate form, submitting the appropriate documentation about your finances. When and if approved, the biometrics and filing fees will be waived, so you pay nothing.

Do You Need Legal Assistance to File Form I-90?

No US laws state that you must receive outside help to file form I-90. In fact, you can file yourself on the USCIS website. However, Citizen Concierge has more experience in the industry and will assist you in filling out the form and improve your chances of being approved.

Why Work with Citizen Concierge

Citizen Concierge has helped countless clients file Form I-90 and other petitions. This maximizes their chances of being approved by the USCIS. In fact, the company has experience in the field and offers value that others need.

Every situation is unique and different, and the company recognizes this. Therefore, it ensures that you file the forms necessary and provide appropriate documentation based on your needs.

Since Citizen Concierge isn’t associated with any government entity, such as the NCV or USCIS, you get unbiased assistance. However, the company cannot and does not offer legal advice because the professionals working there are not attorneys.

Still, lawyers planned and created the company’s framework, and the goal has always been to ensure accuracy while filling out the application. You don’t have to be a denial statistic when you work with Citizen Concierge. It was designed to help you and make sure the USCIS endorses the request of a new green card.

A Quick Process

You’ll be on your way to filing Form I-90 with Citizen Concierge to help you. Here are the steps you’ll take:

  1. Answer questions to determine eligibility before making payments or investing your time.
  2. Save progress as needed because you only pay when you’re satisfied with the application.
  3. Download checklists tailored to your particular needs.
  4. Get peace of mind because things were done properly.

Not as Expensive as a Lawyer

Most people spend less money when they work with Citizen Concierge than they would if they hired a lawyer. This company only charges $99, and you’ll receive the Green Card Replacement/Renewal Package, which includes:

  1. Form I-90
  2. Form G-1145
  3. Personalized guidelines on additional documentation
  4. Help with issues or questions

Start Filling out Your I-90 Application Today!

Filling out and sending in Form I-90 can be a challenge, but there’s no reason to stress. You don’t have to deal with high attorney fees because Citizen Concierge is here to help and costs less than a lawyer.

In fact, you’ll enjoy a straightforward process that will help you renew or replace your green card with ease. Call 786-511-1119 or get started on your own today!

FAQs About Form I-90

What Are the Required Documents I’ll Need to Fill out Form I-90?2023-11-14T12:12:56+00:00

The supporting documents you’ll require to fill in the application to replace or renew a permanent resident card depend on why you need a new one. Typically, it’s best to have your old card, if possible, and a government-issued ID.

When Will I Need to Use Form I-90?2023-11-17T10:44:53+00:00

You’ll use Form I-90 when it’s time to renew your green card or when:

  • Your card was stolen, lost, or destroyed.
  • The card was mutilated.
  • The card wasn’t received, though it was issued.
  • Your biographic information was legally changed.
  • The card features incorrect data.
  • You reached your 14th birthday and must register.
When Is the Best Time to Renew My Green Card?2023-11-17T11:11:34+00:00

To renew your lawful permanent resident status with the Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card (Form I-90), you’ll want to start five to six months before it expires. If you do it sooner than this, the USCIS will probably reject it.

If you require a green card replacement, you should do it as soon as possible.

I Need Help with the Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card. How Can Citizen Concierge Assist?2023-11-14T13:00:52+00:00

Citizen Concierge is affordable for green card renewal and replacement. When filling out the Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, you’ll get a package designed by lawyers to help you avoid the most common errors.

Is My Green Card Valid if There’s No Expiration Date?2023-11-14T12:23:07+00:00

Older green cards might not have an expiration date, and they’re often valid. However, you might have to replace yours with a more current one. If you notice “Form I-551” on the corner of your card, it’s valid. However, Forms I-151, AR-103, and AR-3 are now obsolete.

Is There a Penalty Incurred Once My Green Card Has Expired?2023-11-14T12:06:09+00:00

There’s no extra fee or penalty if the green card expired. When it does so, you continue as a permanent resident. However, the law requires you to carry an unexpired and valid green card at all times. Therefore, it’s best to renew the expired card as soon as you can.

Could I File Form I-90 If I’m Outside the US?2023-11-17T10:57:38+00:00

If you’re only temporarily abroad (under one year), you can file your application from outside the US. However, it makes more sense to do so when you’re living in the United States. The USCIS schedules the biometrics screen once you’ve applied, and it’s generally in a few weeks. Likewise, the card must be sent to a US address. It’s acceptable to file outside the US if you’ll return soon.

Those who lose their green cards while abroad shouldn’t use Form I-90. Instead, they will request temporary documentation to reenter the US. Use Form I-131A, filing it at a US embassy or consulate in person.

Additional Resources:

Go to Top