New to site? Create an Account


Lost password? X

Already have an account? Login


U.S. citizens may use Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document, to replace a Certificate of Naturalization or Certificate of Citizenship. Both are documents that provide official proof of U.S. citizenship. Only citizens who were previously issued a document should use this form.

Common reasons to replace a citizenship document include:

  • Certificate was lost, stolen or destroyed;
  • Certificate was damaged/mutilated;
  • Citizen’s name changed since the document was issued; or
  • Certificate contains incorrect information.

U.S. citizens may also file Form N-565 to replace a Declaration of Intention, Repatriation Certificate or Original special certificate of naturalization as a U.S. citizen to be recognized by a foreign county.

You have the following responsibilities upon completion:

  • The signed form must be mailed directly to USCIS.
  • All the applicable USCIS fees must be paid by you

Disclaimer: Citizen Concierge is an independent firm that supplies self-governed immigration services. We are not associated with USCIS or any government agency and the data provided on this website is for general guidance about common immigration matters only - it should not be taken as legal advice. Additionally, as we are not a law practice of any kind, we cannot offer any form of lawful consultation. If you have questions that require professional legal expertise, please contact an attorney instead.

I understand and agree.
Go to Top