Steps to Take After Filing I-824
Once Form I-824 has been filed, applicants should be prepared to manage the progression of their application. These actions are pivotal for the timely and accurate processing of their request.
USCIS Receipt Notice
Upon receipt of Form I-824, USCIS will issue a Receipt Notice. This notice is crucial as it contains the Receipt Number, which tracks the application’s status. Applicants should keep this notice secure, as it is often required for future correspondence with USCIS.
Case Status Tracking
Applicants can track the status of their Form I-824 by using the Receipt Number on USCIS’s official website. Regular monitoring is recommended to stay informed of any updates or changes. Notifying status changes is not always proactive, so applicants should diligently check the status themselves.
- Go to the USCIS Case Status Online page.
- Enter the provided Receipt Number from the Receipt Notice.
- Review the latest status information.
Responding to Requests for Evidence
On occasion, USCIS may require additional information to process Form I-824, known as Requests for Evidence (RFE). Applicants must:
- Respond promptly to any RFEs to avoid delays.
- Follow the instructions in the RFE carefully to provide the exact information requested.
- Submit the required evidence before the deadline to ensure the continuation of the application process.