New to site? Create an Account


Lost password? X

Already have an account? Login


A travel permit is a document that allows someone living in the U.S. while awaiting their green card to travel abroad without nullifying their green card application. Form I-131 is officially called the Application for Travel Document, and can be used to apply for one of several types of travel documents, such as a re-entry permit, refugee travel document, TPS travel authorization document, or the advance parole travel document.

The advance parole travel document permits you to travel back to the U.S. without applying for another visa, and without nullifying the application you have in progress. It is commonly used when someone has a pending application for permanent residence, adjustment of status or asylum.

You have the following responsibilities upon completion:

  • The signed form must be mailed directly to USCIS.
  • All the applicable USCIS fees must be paid by you

Disclaimer: Citizen Concierge is an independent firm that supplies self-governed immigration services. We are not associated with USCIS or any government agency and the data provided on this website is for general guidance about common immigration matters only - it should not be taken as legal advice. Additionally, as we are not a law practice of any kind, we cannot offer any form of lawful consultation. If you have questions that require professional legal expertise, please contact an attorney instead.

I understand and agree.
Go to Top