Resources and Assistance
When applying for U.S. permanent residence through Form I-854 as an alien witness or informant, applicants have several resources available to guide them through the process and provide the necessary assistance.
USCIS provides the official instructions for the Form I-854 series, which includes Form I-854A and Form I-854B. Detailed guidance on completing and submitting the forms can be found on the USCIS website. The instructions include:
- Information on eligibility requirements
- Step-by-step directions for each form part
- A list of necessary supporting documents
- Submission and filing fee details, if applicable
Help Centers and Hotlines
USCIS operates multiple help centers and hotlines to assist applicants:
- USCIS Contact Center: Available for nationwide assistance. Applicants can ask about forms and the status of their applications.
- Phone: 1-800-375-5283
- TTY for the deaf, hard of hearing, or person with a speech disability: 1-800-767-1833
- Law Enforcement Support Center: Specific queries related to law enforcement can be addressed here.
- Phone: 802-872-6020
- Fax: 802-872-6199
For applicants requiring legal assistance:
- Immigration Lawyers: They can provide detailed and personalized guidance through the Form I-854 application process.
- Pro Bono Legal Services: These are available for those needing legal help but cannot afford it. The USCIS website has a list of available legal service providers.
Applicants should always consult with licensed professionals when seeking legal advice.