Form I-526E Filing Process
The Form I-526E filing process is a critical step for foreign nationals seeking to invest in a regional center project and acquire U.S. residency through the EB-5 visa program. This process requires careful attention to detail, including the payment of filing fees, submission of adequate supporting documentation, adherence to filing tips, and understanding of processing timeframes.
Filing Fee Information
As of the latest data, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires a filing fee for Form I-526E. This fee is mandatory for all investors to process the investors need to checkvestors to check the USCIS website or official communications for the most current fee structure, as fees may adjust periodically.
To properly file Form I-526E, investors must submit:
- Evidence of the investment: Proof of funds invested or actively in the process of investing into a new commercial enterprise associated with an approved regional center.
- Proof of job creation: Documentation that shows the investment will create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers.
- Legal documents: Any agreements, business plans, or other legal forms that illustrate the investor’s involvement in the enterprise.
Each document must be complete and accurately support the petition’s claims for eligibility and compliance.
When filing Form I-526E, it is essential to:
- Ensure all sections of the form are completed.
- Provide clear and precise information throughout the form.
- Respond promptly to any Requests for Evidence (RFEs) from USCIS.
- Keep copies of all documents for personal records.
Observing these tips can potentially result in a smoother processing of the petition.
The processing times for Form I-526E applications can vary greatly, ranging from one to three years or more. These timeframes can fluctuate due to various factors, such as application volume or changes in immigration policy. Applicants can check the USCIS website for the most up-to-date processing times for Form I-526E.